Everyone loves the convenience of having their own ride. Regardless of brand and model, a vehicle would let you travel wherever you need to go and at your own pace. The possibilities are endless, which is why it’s always appropriate to take care of your car, no matter what. Out of all the risky things that may happen to your car, the sudden occurrence of natural disasters may be the scariest of them all. It is uncontrollable, unavoidable, and definitely very destructive. Being prepared is definitely the key. This is the perfect opportunity then to obtain comprehensive car insurance. You may wonder, is it worth it? The answer: Yes, it definitely is.
Here are a few things that you must know in order to get oriented about Comprehensive Car Insurance and its importance:
What is a Comprehensive Car Insurance?
A Comprehensive Car Insurance is a coverage that helps pay to replace or repair your vehicle should there be anything that may happen such as if it gets stolen or damaged in an incident that does not involve impact or collision (much like a car crash). Comprehensive typically covers damage from fire, vandalism or falling objects (such as a tree branch or hail storm). As we had mentioned the part where it says “falling objects,” you may realize by now that storms are the main culprits when it comes to this type of unfortunate happening.
What are its importance/benefits?
- A car insurance that only implements a minimum coverage wouldn’t be able to insure your vehicle, since it would simply cover body injuries from collisions (as with the case of collision coverage).
- A Comprehensive Car Insurance covers any type of natural disaster, regardless if your vehicle received damage from a falling object (hurricane) to being flooded by rain water (monsoon), then you would have nothing to worry about.
- Unlike the usual car accident which would involves collision between two cars or a car and an object, natural disasters cannot be controlled by any means possible. The weather reports can only do so much. A tree branch falling on your vehicle is an uncontrollable circumstance, even if you had practiced all the precautionary measures beforehand (how were you supposed to know the direction which the tree would land on, right?) Simply put, it can happen anytime and definitely catch you off-guard.
- The collision coverage cannot be added to your auto policy without comprehensive coverage listed. But, comprehensive can be added to your auto policy without collision.
- The Comprehensive Car Insurance is a nice in between coverage for anyone who wants some protection but does not want to pay for full coverage.
With these information in mind, now’s the time to decide which insurance coverage works best for you and your car. At Cebuana Lhuillier, we offer AutoCARE Insurance. This is a Standard Comprehensive Car Insurance that covers Own Damage (OD), Theft, Loss and/or Damage. Excess Bodily Injury (EBI), Excess Property Damage (EPD), and Acts of God/Nature (AOG/AON). What are you waiting for? Visit your nearest Cebuana Lhuillier branch now – we assure of a fast, easy, and secure transaction.
Image source: https://unsplash.com/search/photos/car?photo=ZhEnFcHO0es