By zeishi / February 20, 2012
A week ago, I was invited by a college classmate for an event in Marco Polo Davao. After having second thoughts, I finally decided to grab the chance to be part of this exciting event. Thanks Ara Kwong for the invite and to Mr. Sean for the formal invitation!
The search is on for the Happiest Pinoy!
Now on its 25th year, Cebuana Lhuillier launched the 2nd Search for the Happiest Pinoy in Davao last February 17, 2012 at Ballroom 3, Marco Polo Hotel, Davao City. The event was participated by the different media personalities of Davao (including me.. ).
So what’s this contest all about? You better watch this video first:
After watching this video, I suddenly thought of one person perfectly fit for this contest.. But hey, here’s the official requirements for the nomination on the search for the happiest pinoy:
1. Any Filipino of legal age, good moral character and residing in the Philippines may be nominated.
2. Any Filipino of legal age, group or organization registered by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) may nominate.
3. Nominations are accepted from October 21, 2011 to May 30, 2012.
1. Secure on-line nomination forms and upload entries to www.happiest-pinoy.com.
2. Send accomplished forms to Cebuana Lhuillier Insurance Solutions (CLIS) Head Office, 821 A. Spring corner J.P. Rizal Streets, Makati City.
1. A constantly cheerful face and optimistic outlook.
2. Proven ability to rise above life’s challenges.
3. Positive impact in the lives of others.
1. A Screening Committee composed of PJ Lhuillier Group Officers/Managers will shortlist nominees from all Regions in the country.
2. The entries of Top 20 Semi-Finalists will be forwarded to the Board of Judges who will select and interview the Top 10 Finalists.
3. The names of Top 10 Finalists will be announced in the Philippine Daily Inquirer and BusinessMirror until the “Happiest Pinoy” is named by the Board of Judges on or before June 30, 2012.
1. “Happiest Pinoy” Winner- P 250,000.00 + Trophy
2. Nine (9) Runners-Up : P 25,000.00 each + Trophy
1. Ms Carmencita T. Abella, President/CEO, Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation (RMAF)
2. Bro. Armin A. Luistro FSC, Secretary, Department of Education (DepEd)
3. Mr Jose Miguel G. Jimenez, Chief Administrative Officer, PJLI Group of Companies (PJLI)
4. Mr Winston A. Maxino, 2010 Happiest Pinoy, General Manager, Green Earth Power and Energy Corporation
5. Mr Efren G. Peñaflorida, Jr., 2009 CNN Hero of the Year, Founder, Dynamic Teen Company
6. Dr Leticia Ramos-Shahani, President, Brahma Kumaris Foundation Philippines, former Senator/Ambassador
7. Ms Mel C. Tiangco, Chief Operating Officer, GMA 7 Kapuso Foundation, Inc.
8. Dr Bernardo M. Villegas, Senior Vice President, University of the Asia and the Pacific (UA&P)
9. Mr Miguel F. Zubiri, Governor, Philippine National Red Cross (PNRC), former Senator
The Top 10 Finalists will be presented to the media and “Happiest Pinoy” will be announced during a gala dinner in June, 2012 at Shangri-la Makati. The decision of the Board of the Judges is final and unappealable.
So what are you waiting for? Nominate your friends, loved ones, friends of friends, or even someone you’ve just seen or met so as long as they have all the criteria for the nomination!
Check out their social network sites for more information:
Website -> http://happiest-pinoy.com/
Facebook -> https://www.facebook.com/happiestpinoy
Twitter -> https://twitter.com/#!/happiestpinoy
Cebuana Lhuillier Insurance Solutions is an affiliate company of Cebuana Lhuillier Pawnshop, which is managed by the PJ Lhuillier Group of Companies led by Ambassador Philippe Jones Lhuillier as chairman, Jean Henri Lhuillier as president and CEO, and Andre Diago Lhuillier as vice president.